Alex Karlis is our Local Property Expert in Brunswick West. Discover more about him below…
What’s trending or newsworthy in property for Brunswick West?
Brunswick West area is well known for its multicultural population and it’s also an inner city haven for young professionals, artists and tertiary students.
Any top property tips for sellers in Brunswick West?
Preparing and marketing your home in the best ways possible to ensure maximum exposure and viewings (more viewings = more offers). Also, presenting detailed disclosures and inspections to eliminate any questions or hesitancies about the condition of your home (unanswered questions = less offers)
What top three pieces of advice would you give sellers preparing their home for sale?
1) The first thing that a potential buyer will see is the exterior of your house, so it’s worth making sure that your house looks its best outside and in.
2) The kitchen is one of the most important communal areas of any house. Buyers want a functional workspace that includes good taps, cupboards, and bench-tops.
3) The structure of your house may not be as apparent to buyers at first glance as many of these other factors, but a poor inspection report due to flaws in your roof or foundations could break your sale at the last moment and cost you much more.
Any tips and tricks to improving the value of your home?
- A heavy, thorough cleaning can work wonders on any property. A clean, tidy house with everything in working repair will help you get the best possible selling price.
- Buyers love an attractively landscaped yard and it doesn’t take too much money to fix yours up if you have the space for it. An appealing yard will help sell the property because it invites buyers to picture themselves spending time outside during the pleasant seasons of the year.
How is the property market in your area performing?
There’s a high demand in my local area and from statistics obtained from Realestate.com.au, 705 visits per property are conducted in my local area compared to 541 visits per property conducted on average in Victoria.
Median house prices are $920,000 and for units $428,750. Compared to the same period five years ago, the median house sales prices increased 28.7% which equates to a compound annual growth rate of 5.2%.
Quick fire time…
Why did you join Purplebricks?
I joined Purplebricks because apart from me, who is lucky enough to be a part of this highly reputable company, in my 10+ years in the Real Estate Industry, customers and the Australian public in general have been constantly complaining about the exuberant fees that real estate agents charge, the lack of communication, lack of honesty, lack of professional service and inconvenience.
I am proud to be a part of Purplebricks as I always pride myself on being honest, transparent and always put customers first, so Purplebricks’ core values are exactly the same as mine and there’s no better reason as to why I joined the company.
What is the best thing about your job as a Local Property Expert?
Interacting with clients and assisting them to achieve their goals and making their experience as comfortable and memorable as possible, this is of high importance to me and also self-rewarding. It’s also so important, that as LPE’s we stay in constant contact with our customers. What seems like insignificant information to an LPE who’s been in the business for years can be really important to customers who are new to the real estate game.
Tell us one thing about you that would surprise people?
At the age of 12, I was studying sculpture in one of the best schools in Athens (Greece).
What is your own property dream?
I absolutely love the ocean in every sense of the word, as it’s free and it actually takes your worries away just by looking at it, listening to it, so my property dream would be anywhere near the ocean and in Melbourne, preferably Williamstown area.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
“ Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself” George Bernard Shaw.
What is your favourite song?
I have many however a very sentimental song for me is “The lady in my life” by Michael Jackson which I dedicated to my wife on our wedding night.
What is your favourite sport?
I have many favourite sports however if I had to choose one it would be soccer.
What did you think you’d be when you were growing up?
Professional soccer player.
And finally…what type of coffee do you take?
Short macchiato with extra hot milk on the side.
With over 9 years experience in real estate, Alex has dealt with a wide range of clients and managed large scale properties in both the commercial and residential sectors. Alex prides himself on the level of care and attention he brings to his job and focuses on delivering a diligent, courteous and professional service to all his clients. Feel free to contact Alex any time via: