Andrew Leung is our Local Property Expert in the CBD of Melbourne and surrounds. Discover more about him below…
What’s trending or newsworthy in property in the CBD of Melbourne and surrounds?
Many new apartments are getting built in the area along with some great new infrastructure plans to come, however this does risk overshadowing some existing real estate and affecting real estate prices in the local area.
Any top property tips for sellers in the CBD of Melbourne and surrounds?
Pick the right agent, someone who has plenty of expertise and knowledge of the area and buying trends. Sellers should look for an agent that also gives you an evidence backed appraisal price, not a pie in the sky type of appraisal, so you can make a informed decision for the next phase in your real estate journey.
What top three pieces of advice would you give sellers preparing their home for sale?
- In order to obtain the best possible price, presentation is key. Buyers want to make simple decisions.
- If you are selling an investment property, ensure that you have the tenants on side, or make sure that you have enough time for the sales campaign, as potential buyers will need easy access to view your property.
- Price your property according to recent sales so as to not let your property become a ‘stale listing.’ The best price comes early in the sales process and buyers want to buy what others want. Pricing your property according to recent sales will create an environment of competition and in the end the best possible price.
Any tips and tricks to improving the value of your home?
- Kitchens, bathrooms and quality flooring will add value to any home, but most importantly a good lick of fresh white paint will make any space feel bigger and brighter.
- Create space not only by repainting but decluttering your home, as space means money when it comes to homes. Everyone wants more real estate for their money, hence why if you can make a three bedroom from a two bedroom you will have added value.
- A good rental yield is very attractive to real estate investors and they love the fact that they don’t have to find a tenant. So keep your property investment in a great condition to attract great tenants that are willing to pay that little bit extra because you are offering a quality home. This will result in a better price for you as the seller.
How is the property market in your local area performing?
It’s solid. People are buying houses. But as always the market is price sensitive, and with current interest rates at such a low there is more confidence out there.
Quick fire time…
Why did you join Purplebricks?
I believe Purplebricks is the only true customer-centric brand. Gone are the days of the old real estate agents who might have focused on getting money to market themselves for their next listing at the owner’s expense.
Service is key to buyers and sellers in today’s market. People deserve better and I believe Purplebricks provides a level which is unmatched in today’s market.
What is the best thing about your job as a Local Property Expert?
The convenience of working close to home and being with my family and friends.
Tell us one thing about you that would surprise people?
I’m very proud of my accomplishments to date, having run my own real estate practice, being a husband to a midwife and a very proud father to my own little miracle, 18 month old Aidan.
Also I keep mentally and physically fit as a registered professional kick boxer in Victoria.
What is your own property dream?
To have a cozy and warm family home where it would be filled with my family.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
It’s not about you, it’s about them.
What is your favourite song?
Depends on the moment, I can never say no to some easy-listening on a Sunday morning.
What is your favourite sport?
What did you think you’d be when you were growing up?
An accountant, astronaut, pilot, lawyer, soldier, activist. I had a big head!
And finally…what type of coffee do you take?
Black, but as a Melbourne person I’m into my ‘Magics’.
About Andrew Leung
Andrew has worked in the Melbourne property market for many years and brings a wealth of local knowledge to Purplebricks. Andrew is committed to providing great customer service for all of his clients.
Feel free to contact Andrew any time via email@example.com