Although extremely exciting, selling a property can be a daunting process.
If you’re looking to sell your property after the Easter break, Purplebricks National Sales Director, Luke Pervan, shares his expert selling tips to ensure you are prepared…
- Choose a professional. Our Local Property Experts knows their local area like the back of their hand. Your Local Property Expert will understand the market and property values in your area as well as within your immediate neighbourhood. It will inform their sales strategy, including price point and whether to sell via auction or private treaty.
- Price it right. Don’t be fooled into going too high with the listing price. Thanks to the internet it’s easy for buyers to comparison shop. In a few clicks they can find out what nearby homes have sold for and if yours seems overvalued. Don’t let anyone talk you into listing too high. A property that is listed on the market for too long can ‘go stale’ and deter potential buyers. Be reasonable in your expectations and allow the Local Property Expert to drive demand and negotiate the best price.
- Depersonalise the space. Make the property easy to walk around, remove clutter and allow viewers at an open house or private viewing to see what size of furniture will comfortably sit within the property, and if they can imagine their sofas, tables and beds fitting into the home.
- First impressions count. Always spend more time and money preparing the entrance to the property; it delivers the immediate first impression to a prospective buyer and a lasting memory. Re-paint the front door, mow the lawn, dig up the weeds and smarten up the overall appearance of the porch. Buyers will drive past your home before viewing and drive past afterwards, leave a great impression and make the entrance look its very best.
- Only use professional photography. Ensure you hire a professional snapper, it will add value to the property and drive demand. Utilise the property’s best features and add location shots if it’s in an area of outstanding natural beauty or indeed an important local amenity. We’re happy to say that professional photography is included in the flat fee with Purplebricks, so you won’t pay extra.