Stewart Pritchard is our Local Property Expert in Geelong and the Bellarine Peninsula
Any top property tips for sellers in Geelong and the Bellarine Peninsula?
You always have the chance to make an impression early in the sales process, so here are some ideas to maximize your chances with buyers that might be casually passing by:
- Make sure your front gardens and lawns are well kept and maintained.
- Remove all junk mail and newspapers from the letterbox and yard as they arrive.
- Park the cars in the garage, if possible.
- Avoid having rubbish out for collection on the kerbside.
- Each night before sunset, turn on all outdoor lights.
What top three pieces of advice would you give sellers preparing their home for sale?
- One of the best strategies when trying to sell a home is using photo books on Facebook. The key here is to attract as many buyers as possible in your local area. Creating more exposure to the local community can gain more interested parties which can ultimately increase the price buyers are willing to pay.
- You never have a second chance to make a first impression. It’s important to make people feel warm, welcome and safe as they approach the house. Spruce up your home’s exterior with inexpensive shrubs and brightly coloured flowers.
- Take every step you can to maximize the lighting inside a home. Proper lighting is essential in the home selling process. Fortunately, there are simple steps that can make a home brighter. Take down drapes, clean the windows, change the lampshades, increase the wattage of light bulbs, and cut the bushes outside to allow sunshine in.
Any tips and tricks to improving the value of your home?
- Buyers want to see and buy your house, and not your belongings. Space sells so box-up your ‘stuff’ and store it before listing. Don’t just store it in the garage, you’re selling your garage too.
- Your house needs to be cleaner than it’s ever been when selling. Everything needs to be clean and fresh.
- Buy fresh flowers, straighten art on walls and turn off all electronic devices.
How is the property market in your local area performing?
The Victorian coastal housing market is hot and on everyone’s agenda and reflected in the seasonal lift in demand for property.
Quick fire time…
Why did you join Purplebricks?
I saw the success of the Purplebricks business model in the UK, and it was clear that Purplebricks would dominate the Australian market, which inspired me to get on board.
What is the best thing about your job as a Local Property Expert?
Coaching vendors and buyers through the Purplebricks sales process is satisfying as it offers all parties transparency which is not always evident in Australian real estate transactions.
Tell us one thing about you that would surprise people?
I enjoy Latin dancing.
What is your own property dream?
To increase the value of my family property portfolio.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
‘Everything is possible while nothing is impossible.’
What is your favourite song?
Frank Sinatra – ‘High Hope’.
What is your favourite sport?
Rugby Union having played for Darwin University first team.
What did you think you’d be when you were growing up?
A Geologist, due to an interest in searching for gems in New Zealand.
And finally…what type of coffee do you take?
Stewart prides himself on offering the best customer experience by making the buying and selling process as stress free as possible from start to finish. Stewart enjoys developing win-win solutions for clients. Feel free to contact Stewart any time via: